Tuesday, September 18, 2012

#101 Children's Book Class

Developing characters, drawing out adorable scenes, reaching to a child's imagination... the perfect class for me! I've had a lot of fun with it and can't wait for what's to come.


Character design

Heheheheh





Some artists I kept in mind of this project...
My discovery of the great Carter Goodrich (shown below) was a huge influence on what I wanted to mold my work to look like.
Gary Kelley has been an inspiration of mine for a while now.


The influence may not be obvious at first, but it was more about injecting shapes and character to every element in the piece, although it does not have shading or hue, I hope that comes through!


I went to the library and researched a number of children's books, trying to nail a style and theme that kids would like.

2 comments:

  1. I am curious to find out what blog system you're utilizing? I'm experiencing some small security problems with my latest blog
    and I'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any recommendations?

    my blog :: fine art oil painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charles,
      I use Blogger.com for my blog... it's free and usually pretty free of "security breeches" . If someone does leave something that may look like a spam comment, they send you a conformation email asking you to allow it or not.
      Make sure you upload your images for people to see if you're trying to let people view them easily! Tag your blog with lots of words for people to find your blog.
      Good luck!

      Delete